Eligibility for Membership
- Members and former members of the Georgia Army and Air
- Members of Reserve Components of the Armed Services of
the United States
- Members of the Georgia State Defense Force
- Employees of the Imery’s Kaolin Companies/Dry Branch
Kaolin and Engelhard/BASF Kaolin, their Contractors, employees,
- Organizations whose membership is primarily composed of
the foregoing shall also be eligible for membership in the
- Any persons related by blood, adoption, or marriage to
or living in the same household with a person within the
common bond, and to the surviving spouses of deceased members
whose eligibility is mentioned above.
How To Join:
1. Print the Membership Application below and complete all
Membership Account Application
- If you wish to open a savings/membership account, please
send in no less than $25.00. This includes the $20 once
lifetime membership fee and the $5 minimum balance requirement
for the savings account.
- If you wish to open a checking account, you must open
a membership account first, as it is a requirement for any
type of account with the Credit Union even when applying
for a loan. The checking account requires a minimum deposit
of $50.00 to open. This includes a $25 minimum balance to
open and $25 to cover any check orders/card orders. Please
note: You must send in the $25 to open the savings as well.
The total amount of money you should send in is $75.00.
- Make sure to send a copy of your Military ID or Driver's
License. This information is required by the Patriot Law
2. After completing all information on the membership application,
please mail it to:
Georgia Guard Credit Union
1030 Shurling Dr. @ GMI/RTI
Macon, GA 31211
If you have any questions concerning any of this, please
contact a Member Services Representative locally at (478)
741-4428 or toll free at (888) 999-4428.